Long time, no blog: The Update
So here I am again, blogging for the first time in forever. Art asked the other day if I was ever going to blog again. I said no. I love it, but I just don't make it a priority. I probably never will. Now, if someone could teach me that it can be a habit (and not terribly time consuming - i.e. stop rambling) and still not a priority, then I could probably pull it off. Of course, it felt really good to hear Art say that she checks my blog regularly to see if I've posted. That kind of faith and loyalty really shouldn't be ignored....
So what now? Ah, the usual excuses should work. Here's why I haven't posted since February:
March: mostly devoted to hardcore wedding planning. I say mostly because work got very hectic. I made a crazy quilt for one of our plays, on top of all the other stuff I do at work that keeps me uber-busy. I have pictures somewhere around this desk. I will post if I find them. (yes, I know - you've heard that one before...)
April: I got married. Yes, I am now Mrs. Honey Bunny, except I didn't change my name.
May: My uneventful birthday - hard to top the wedding from a few weeks prior. of course, HB totally spoiled me, and he invited friends out to a luxurious dinner in my honor. But you really can't top the party we threw the month before. And it felt somewhat uneventful again because of lots of work. I even managed to pick up a side job, somewhat on accident.
June: Work finally slows down, so then I pick up yet another side job, more on purpose this time. Here's the thing - these side jobs are short gigs, designing costumes or props for other companies' shows. They're supposed to be simple, but these companies all have way lower budgets than we do (and our budgets are pretty low) so it ends up being harder because you work more to spend less. Odd, I know, but such is my career choice. Also in June I convince HB that he needs to change jobs and we have to buy a house.
July: I finish up the side job and start seriously house-hunting. This is also the month of HB's hometown family reunion and our honeymoon (upon which I should really elaborate at some point - it was beautiful). We put a contract on a house that we backed out of a week later due to poor inspection results. This puts our house-hunt to a new priority because we really need to buy before our lives get crazy again in the fall. Luckily we find a house a couple weeks later and all goes well with the contract, especially the inspection.
August: We close on the house - this is a simple statement, but not a simple task. Many, many steps go into this. On top of all that, I'm trying to pack. Luckily the roommates all moved out while we were on our honeymoon, so I don't have to pack around all their stuff.
September: HB had started back at law school, still hasn't found a new job, but has decided to pick up a part-time second job in the meantime. I wasn't happy about the second job but I knew he had to work it out of his system. I'm still gently pushing for a new day job, but I know it's hard for him because he has to adjust to his new school schedule and additional work schedule. He doesn't really have time to find a new job, but I'm convinced that in a new job he could drop the part-time gig and concentrate more time on school, the new house, and most importantly, ME. I'm not even really pushing - I'm trying to give him his space to work it out on his own, but he knows what I really want. So I guess I'm mentally gently pushing him, which probably isn't getting us anywhere. I can't help but think my opinions though, can I? Oh, and now that summer is over, work is once again kicking my butt. I got a raise, which is cool, but it's because I offered to take on more work. It's work I want to do, but now I'm really overloaded. Oops. Oh, and another side gig fell into my lap. But this one is a big rental account for work, which means money for both me and the theatre, so I couldn't in good conscience turn it down. And I'm almost done with that gig, thank goodness. Oh, and of course, HB and I took Art and buddy to the mountains where we met my sister ERF for Labor Day weekend. That was a much-needed vacation.
So that's what I've been doing instead of blogging. But I do occasionally come across a really cool event or charity that I want to share on my blog, or I often think how nice it would be to post a pic of my knitting - not that I've ever posted my knitting.....
So maybe, someday, somewhere, I'll learn the habit of blogging and once again join the virtual ranks of Farm Wife and Art and Zann and all those other lovelies. Ahhh..........
So what now? Ah, the usual excuses should work. Here's why I haven't posted since February:
March: mostly devoted to hardcore wedding planning. I say mostly because work got very hectic. I made a crazy quilt for one of our plays, on top of all the other stuff I do at work that keeps me uber-busy. I have pictures somewhere around this desk. I will post if I find them. (yes, I know - you've heard that one before...)
April: I got married. Yes, I am now Mrs. Honey Bunny, except I didn't change my name.
May: My uneventful birthday - hard to top the wedding from a few weeks prior. of course, HB totally spoiled me, and he invited friends out to a luxurious dinner in my honor. But you really can't top the party we threw the month before. And it felt somewhat uneventful again because of lots of work. I even managed to pick up a side job, somewhat on accident.
June: Work finally slows down, so then I pick up yet another side job, more on purpose this time. Here's the thing - these side jobs are short gigs, designing costumes or props for other companies' shows. They're supposed to be simple, but these companies all have way lower budgets than we do (and our budgets are pretty low) so it ends up being harder because you work more to spend less. Odd, I know, but such is my career choice. Also in June I convince HB that he needs to change jobs and we have to buy a house.
July: I finish up the side job and start seriously house-hunting. This is also the month of HB's hometown family reunion and our honeymoon (upon which I should really elaborate at some point - it was beautiful). We put a contract on a house that we backed out of a week later due to poor inspection results. This puts our house-hunt to a new priority because we really need to buy before our lives get crazy again in the fall. Luckily we find a house a couple weeks later and all goes well with the contract, especially the inspection.
August: We close on the house - this is a simple statement, but not a simple task. Many, many steps go into this. On top of all that, I'm trying to pack. Luckily the roommates all moved out while we were on our honeymoon, so I don't have to pack around all their stuff.
September: HB had started back at law school, still hasn't found a new job, but has decided to pick up a part-time second job in the meantime. I wasn't happy about the second job but I knew he had to work it out of his system. I'm still gently pushing for a new day job, but I know it's hard for him because he has to adjust to his new school schedule and additional work schedule. He doesn't really have time to find a new job, but I'm convinced that in a new job he could drop the part-time gig and concentrate more time on school, the new house, and most importantly, ME. I'm not even really pushing - I'm trying to give him his space to work it out on his own, but he knows what I really want. So I guess I'm mentally gently pushing him, which probably isn't getting us anywhere. I can't help but think my opinions though, can I? Oh, and now that summer is over, work is once again kicking my butt. I got a raise, which is cool, but it's because I offered to take on more work. It's work I want to do, but now I'm really overloaded. Oops. Oh, and another side gig fell into my lap. But this one is a big rental account for work, which means money for both me and the theatre, so I couldn't in good conscience turn it down. And I'm almost done with that gig, thank goodness. Oh, and of course, HB and I took Art and buddy to the mountains where we met my sister ERF for Labor Day weekend. That was a much-needed vacation.
So that's what I've been doing instead of blogging. But I do occasionally come across a really cool event or charity that I want to share on my blog, or I often think how nice it would be to post a pic of my knitting - not that I've ever posted my knitting.....
So maybe, someday, somewhere, I'll learn the habit of blogging and once again join the virtual ranks of Farm Wife and Art and Zann and all those other lovelies. Ahhh..........
3 Comments:
At 10:17 AM,
FarmWife said…
yahoo! My Did is back! I will forgive you're abscence until there are Honey Dids around. Then you must post so we can watch them grow!! :)
I love you!
At 12:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
Life is so busy... I know! Things will fall into a nice groove eventually though. :)
At 3:59 AM,
zann said…
As long as you post an update a little more then every 6 months, we'll forgive you ;).
Good to have you back.
z
Post a Comment
<< Home