The Life and Works of Did

Saturday, February 18, 2006

O the Weather Outside


We've been looking forward to snow for months now. I've been complaining about the unseasonably warm weather and the lack of snow all "winter" long. I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland - at least, the Tennessee version of a winter wonderland, which means the snow actually accumulates, and it might even be two inches when all is said and done. But of course, as usual, Jack Frost has a mean since of humor. He waits until all the happy little Nashvillians are resigned to a snowless winter. He waited for friends to plan camping trips (based on the recent warm temps), and he waited for my Honey Bunny to spend the night 30 minutes away in Murfreesboro - the only night he leaves me alone in the big old scary house.
On top of all that, I can't even try to enjoy the snow because I have to drive downtown (and deal with people who don't know how to drive in good weather, much less snow) and spend 10 hours inside a basement theater. To top it all off, our audiences will proabably be slim because no one wants to get out in the snow. Come on Jack, tonight is closing night. Why couldn't you wait one or two more days? Give us the ticket sales we need, get my Honey Bunny home by way of clear interstates, and then let it go? Better yet, give it a week so some folks can take a much-needed camping vacation.
If this were a perfect snow, it would be on my day off. I could curl up in front of the TV (Project Runway reruns, of course) with a hot chocolate, my cat, my knitting, and my Honey Bunny. Maybe I'll have such luck tomorrow.
On the bright side, I think this blogging thing will get me into a good habit of digital camera use. I have a good one, but I always forget to use it. Now that I have a regular incentive, I can get to know the camera a little better.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    I'm sorry you're snowed in...sort of. Us northerners even had to head home half way through a trip today. It's freaking cold!!!
    I can't believe you call him Hunny Bunny! Does He know that? :)

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Did said…

    He doesn't know that I call him Honey Bunny online, but it's mymost common name for him. There's others too......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home