Feathers and leotards and food
I made wings today. Not happy little fairy wings, but REALLY big wings to be worn by a 6'4" nearly nude guy playing Eros (think the Greek equivalent of Cupid) in the show I'm working on. I just can't seem to get away from feathers or leotards lately. The show has a lot of movement in it, so I'm having to put the women in leotards. I just made nine for a dance company. Feathers and dancewear - that's what this job is becoming. But it's definitely not boring. I have to get into the habit of taking more pictures so I can post cool things, like my wings. I want to work on the structure and maybe make them a little fluffier, so when I'm done with that I'll make sure to capture it digitally.
That's my big news of the day. I was in a time crunch to make a publicity photo shoot, so all day my goal has been to finish the wings (at least good enough for photos if not for stage) and get to the shoot. So now I'm home, trying to wind down, and all I can talk about is "I made wings." That and I'm hungry. HB has made surprise plans for us again which include dinner, so I have to wait. I love how excited he gets about it, and whatever the plans turn out to be, it's always fun. But I'm exhausted. We haven't slowed down for a break in a long time. Usually we take one day on the weekend to relax and recoup., do household chores and all that other stuff that is hard to get to during the work week. That didn't happen last weekend with our engagement and family visits and all. And we've both been putting in long days between all our jobs and school work and such. So instead of surprise plans, I would really love to get some takeout and veg on the couch all night. Especially since we have a wedding to go to tomorrow 90 minutes away from home. But I guess that leaves something to look forward to on Sunday. Of course I'm proabably going to love whatever it is we're doing tonight and all thoughts of the couch and takeout will fly out the window......as soon as I'm fed, that is.
That's my big news of the day. I was in a time crunch to make a publicity photo shoot, so all day my goal has been to finish the wings (at least good enough for photos if not for stage) and get to the shoot. So now I'm home, trying to wind down, and all I can talk about is "I made wings." That and I'm hungry. HB has made surprise plans for us again which include dinner, so I have to wait. I love how excited he gets about it, and whatever the plans turn out to be, it's always fun. But I'm exhausted. We haven't slowed down for a break in a long time. Usually we take one day on the weekend to relax and recoup., do household chores and all that other stuff that is hard to get to during the work week. That didn't happen last weekend with our engagement and family visits and all. And we've both been putting in long days between all our jobs and school work and such. So instead of surprise plans, I would really love to get some takeout and veg on the couch all night. Especially since we have a wedding to go to tomorrow 90 minutes away from home. But I guess that leaves something to look forward to on Sunday. Of course I'm proabably going to love whatever it is we're doing tonight and all thoughts of the couch and takeout will fly out the window......as soon as I'm fed, that is.
4 Comments:
At 6:00 AM,
FarmWife said…
My advice, nap in the car on the way to the wedding! :) BTW, who's getting married? Anyone I know? I'm dying to see the wings!
At 1:38 PM,
zann said…
I want to see the wings too. I have a strange (but hopefully creatively appealing) question for you. Being a costumer, if you were to costume me as a character from any popular fiction (television, movie or youth/children's book preferably) what would you dress me as? I still look generally the same as the last time you saw me 9 years ago I'm afraid :P. You see I'm in need of a costume for this year's Dragon*Con in August. All the people I'm going with have costumes... but I... can't come up with anything, so I'm looking for suggestions.
Oh! And you must tell us where you went on the suprise date. I love that he does suprises. DH needs to take lessons from HB ;)
At 1:12 AM,
WRPhillips said…
heehee...
so did ya get fed??
At 12:43 AM,
WRPhillips said…
It's MAY....
what's going on?
How's your life....
Post a Comment
<< Home