Apologies

I know there's really no excuse for such a long lapse, but I'm going to try anyway. Last week I was laid out with a bad back. I could stand okay and lie down, but sitting was very painful. Thus, no computer. Ahhh...someday I'll have a laptop so I can blog in bed (or at the coffee shop), but that day is in the distant future. The two weeks before that were nightmarishly long, working four different gigs. Everyone had a deadline to meet (except my regular gig, go figure) and needed help, so suddenly, all the usually unemployed stitchers in town were working their fingers to the bone. The ballet had us working the most - my favorite senior citizen stitcher clocked 110 hours in two weeks! I also worked for another dance company, picked up a few hours at my regular theatre, and worked at a puppet studio. The puppet studio is where I got these pics. I'll give you a few guesses as to what famous character I was working on - farm wife excluded, because she called me while I was there. I'm trying to convince her that she could make the extra cash she needs for her internet connection by dying and selling feathers. These are actually bad ones. The boss man wanted to order feathers from a cheaper company - you pay cheap price, you get cheap feathers. Okay, here's another hint...
If you can't get it now.......well, I don't want to think about it.
So anyway, I realize this is no excuse, but I just want the world of blogger to know that I am sorry. I really do miss you when I'm not around. I want to post everyday, and someday I may be able to. But for now I have to work my butt off when there's work. Whew, I think I'm ready for a (gasp) desk job. At least then I could check in more regularly. Of course, now I have to go to work. But I'll post again soon. I promise.

2 Comments:
At 11:45 AM,
FarmWife said…
If no one guess right, can I tell them what they're for?! I'm screaming it outloud, but not typing...although I think I'd have known even if I hadn't called you mid project...are you still seeing yellow?
At 1:59 PM,
zann said…
*GASP!* You got to work with the perpetually six year old bird!!!!??? If it wasn't Big Bird, I'm going to feel like a complete dork.
Maybe I should feel like a complete dork anyway? ;)
Even though your job seems a bit hectic and all... it seems very exciting and fun to those of us at desk jobs.
Post a Comment
<< Home